What’s so special about this camp?
Bhandardara is one of the most impressive sites in Maharashtra. It’s located close to the western ghats. Can be found in Akole Tehsil, Ahemadnagar, a small district located about 120 km from Mumbai. This is home to many exciting activities and stunning beauty.
The most popular tourist destination in India, as well as abroad. It is well-known for its natural beauty, nearby destinations like hills, magnificent waterfalls, dams like Wilson dam or Arthur lake, as well as its proximity to other tourist destinations, such as hills and majestic lakes. To fully appreciate the natural beauty of this site and to rejuvenate yourself in its stunning beauty, one should visit it at least once. Bhandardara is an amazing place that offers a variety of picnic spots. It is ideal for nature lovers.
This highly enjoyable camping experience at Igatpuri is available to you. You will be amazed by the west ghats’ unending grandeur.
You can also try Bangalore to mysore tour package, which is the best thing to do in bangalore.
Where to camp?
This place has the best advantage of being able to travel anywhere you like. The weather is always pleasant, so you don’t have to worry about it. It is up to you to decide when you want the place to be visited. It is generally cool all year. The monsoon will be slightly better in some places, but it is not necessary to make changes to your plans.
These are the ideal months to visit the camp when the weather is beautiful and most people are there.
- You can visit on Monsoons from June to September.
- Winter is from October to February.
How do I get to the Camping Site?
It is located approximately 164km from Mumbai and 175 km from Pune.
By road: Follow the Mumbai-Nasik Highway. Follow google maps to Shendi village.
Train: You can travel by train from Mumbai to Kasara railway station or via local trains. A taxi is the best way to get to the campsite.
- Some snacks etc.
- Extra batteries for Torch
- Cameras etc optional.
- Comfortable shoes
- Extra towels, shirts, etc.
Bhandardara Camping Itinerary
You can check in at the lovely campsite for camping
- Arrive at the camp.
- Check in to your tent.
- Check-in after snacks.
- Enjoy a memorable experience while barbecuing at camp
- Enjoy your meal while you sit around the bonfire.
End of the Experience
- Have a delicious morning breakfast.
- Boating is a great way to relax. It will take you about 20 minutes. This will allow you to see the main attractions such as dams, waterfalls, and lakes.
- You will be leaving the camp on this day with only a few memories.
What can you do at camp?
A typical trip will be split into two days. The first day is spent reaching the camp and then enjoying the activities at the camp. You can have a great breakfast the next day before you head off to explore all of your destinations. However, it is a good idea to extend your trip to include a few days so that you can get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and into the wild for some peace and tranquility.
- Mount Kalsubai, Maharashtra’s highest peak at 5,400 feet, is located in Bhandardara.
- Randha waterfalls, one of the most stunning in the country, are located 10 kilometers from Shendi Town.
- About 22km from Shendi/Bhandardara is the Ratangad fort. One of many climbing and trekking routes in Bhandardara is the short trek to Ratangad Post. This is done by passing through a small lake near Ratanwadi. Ratanwadi is a popular place to take a boat ride.
- Another place you can visit is the Wilson Dam, which is located on the Pravara Stream. It was constructed in 1910. Wilson Dam’s water levels rise tremendously during stormy seasons.
- Konkan Kada is a viewpoint from which you can see the fields. It’s located on the Kalsubai-side, at the end of a 22km road that cuts through forests and villages. Harishchandragad is another nearby mountain ascent spot with historic sanctuaries at the top.
The Bhandardara campsite is one of the most beautiful and serene spots in the country. It is a place that everyone should visit.