A c-arms is a medical imaging technology that works on the basis of X-Ray. C-arms are becoming more common in well-equipped hospitals. C-arms are becoming more popular in minimally invasive surgical procedures. The global c-arms market was worth $1684.11 million in 2021. It will grow to reach worth of $2603.67 million by 2030, representing a CAGR of 4.96% from 2021 to 2030.
C-Arms Market Dynamics
- Over the forecast timeframe, the market will increase due to an aging population that is more prone to chronic ailments like cardiovascular, orthopedic, and respiratory diseases and rising patient awareness. The WHO predicts that the population of adults 60 and older will increase from 1.5 billion in 2020 to around 2.1 billion in 2050. Additionally, the development of flat-panel detectors to replace image intensifiers, which decreases patient dose and improves image quality, has increased demand for these devices in recent years, allowing medical professionals to better evaluate the severity of a disease.
- Rising investment in research & development, particularly in developed and developing nations, will further open up advantageous market significant improvements for medical instruments and technologies. The ability to perform research and development for improvements in medical equipment and the increasing competition in the private sector have led to developments in the most recent medical gadgets, which are also driving the market growth rate.
- The demand for C-Arms devices has increased due to the rise of non-communicable (chronic) disease patients worldwide. For instance, the WHO estimates that untreated hypertension affects more than 700 million individuals worldwide. C-Arms devices are effective in addressing the growing demand from patients with chronic conditions.
High costs associated with research and development, limited infrastructural development, and high construction and maintenance costs will hinder the market growth. In addition, a lack of favorable reimbursement circumstances and technology penetration in developing economies, a shortage of skilled doctors in developing and underdeveloped regions, and a lack of suitable facilities in low- and middle-income countries will create challenges to the market during the forecast period of 2021-2030.
The incorporation of 3D mapping capabilities and AI-enabled technology into a C-arm device can boost market growth in the future. For instance, Philips revealed in January 2022 that its mobile C-arm System Series zenition, could incorporate cloud-based AI and 3D mapping to improve workflow efficiency and the effectiveness of endovascular treatments. Furthermore, according to Philips, combining these technologies would reduce radiation exposure by 50% and procedure times by more than 20%.
Segmentation of C-Arms Market
- The Fixed C-Arms segment led the sector with a market share of more than 50% in 2021. The demand for fixed C-arm applications has significantly expanded as a result of the fixed C-arms’ recent advancement in terms of clinical outcomes and usage flexibility. As a result, the market for mobile c-arms will expand at a CAGR of 5.2% over the anticipated time frame.
- The industry segmentation into orthopedic and trauma, cardiovascular, neurosurgery, gastrointestinal, urology, pain management, general surgery, and others. Due to the increasing prevalence of orthopedic diseases and the growing elderly population, the Orthopedics and Trauma category held the highest industry size in 2021, with a share of over 20%.
- With a revenue share of about 38% in 2021, North America is the largest market in C-Arms. The industry growth in this area is due to the rising adoption of cutting-edge technologies, the ability to store purchased energy, and improved healthcare infrastructure.
Key companies of the C-arms Market
The market players focus on technological advancements and introduce advanced and next-generation C-arms to maintain a dominant market position. Some prominent C-arms market players are GE Healthcare, Koninklijke Philips Nv, Medtronic, Siemens Healthineers AG, Hologic Corporation, Canon Medical Systems, and others.
Growing chronic diseases, an aging population, better mobility and imaging capabilities, and rising demand for imaging technologies are the drivers boosting the C-Arms Market’s growth. The market will grow at a CAGR of 4.96% during the forecast period of 2021-2030.