The United States and Australia are sister countries, but they’re not exactly the same – especially when it comes to imports and exports. If you’re selling products or services in the USA and want to expand into Australia, then there are some key differences you need to be aware of when shipping to Australia from USA, as opposed to shipping from one state or city within the USA to another. We’ll discuss five important factors here that can help you find success in your expansion efforts!
Use an International Shipping Company
Shipping to Australia from the United States can be a tricky process. However, it’s not impossible. There are many steps you’ll want to take when shipping cargo freight international to ensure that your products get there safely and as quickly as possible. Here are five tips for shipping to Australia from the United States:
– Use an International Shipping Company: You might have thought about trying to do this all on your own, but these companies have already gone through all of the different processes needed. They know what they’re doing!
– Shop and Ship: When you shop online, just click on the shipping rates tab or give them a call and ask them how much it will cost.
Get a Quote Before Shipping
Shipping to Australia from USA can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. You can get quotes for shipping freight before you ship your cargo by contacting a freight company or consolidator. Shop and Ship is one such company that offers competitive rates for shipping cargo overseas. With Shop and Ship, you will not only save on international shipping costs but also on associated customs fees.
Understand the Australian Customs Process
Australia Customs process is a complicated process that requires the documentation and inspections of products being shipped to the country. It’s important to understand what you will need to prepare when shipping your cargo freight international to Australia.
The following is a list of five key tips for shipping your goods to Australia:
1) Ship with International Air Cargo Services – If you are shipping goods internationally, you will need an export license.
Choose the Right Shipping Method
When it comes to shipping to australia from the usa, there are a number of different options. You can choose to ship your cargo freight international or you can shop and ship items from retailers.
Here are five tips for shipping to australia from the usa:
1) Choose your carrier carefully.
2) Get an accurate weight on packages before sending them.
3) Use Customs Brokerage for customs clearance and duty payments.
Track Your Shipment
If you’re shipping to Australia from the US, here are a few things you should know:
- Customs can delay your shipment by up to several weeks.
- If the item is valued at over $1,000 USD, it will be subject to customs duties and may incur taxes in addition to storage charges.
- FedEx offers Shop and Ship which allows you to shop for items online and ship them directly from their warehouses in the US – this is a great way to save on shipping costs! You can read more about Shop and Ship here.
There’s also another solution if you have specific needs that need an international partner. Cargo Freight International offer personal freight services as well as ocean freight, air freight and more all with competitive pricing – they even handle customs clearance so there’s no hassle when they deliver your package right to your door step!