Synopsis: If you are an Outlook user and you have corrupted/damaged PST data file from Outlook. Now, if you are looking for the best and most reliable solution, then your search ends on this blog, today through this blog we will tell you how to open corrupted PST file.
But before getting into the solution let’s have a quick look up at PST and the reasons for its corruption.
What is a PST file?
Microsoft Outlook and Exchange both use PST (Personal Storage Table) files as data storage files to store personal data. In addition, it might have contact information, addresses, and email folders.
Why do PST Files Get Corrupt?
1. The PST file uses a complicated binary file format that is not fault-tolerant. Any processing pause that occurs while a file is being created or changed may lead to a partial update that corrupts the data. The probability of this rises as a file gets bigger.
2. If Outlook is open while the program closes improperly, a PST file could become corrupted. This may occur if Windows or Outlook both crash at the same time, or if the computer is turned off without properly terminating Outlook and Windows.
3. Even though Microsoft does not support this setup, several organizations store PST files on a central file server that users access over the network. In this scenario, any loss of network connectivity could lead to corruption, and multiple users using the system at once are also likely to create issues.
4. If the overall size exceeds the maximum for this file type, PST files may also become corrupt. Files created in earlier versions of Outlook, where the maximum file size was 2GB, were more frequently affected by this issue.
After knowing all the reasons, now we will move towards its solution. In the coming part, we will tell you about the top two solutions which will help you to solve the problem (Open Corrupted Outlook PST File).
Method 1: Open Corrupted PST File With Manual Method
To open corrupted Outlook PST file properly, you need to remove corruption from PST data files. So, here in this section. We are going to learn how to remove corruption.
Corrupt Outlook PST file is a common problem faced by daily users. So to recover this corruption Outlook has provided its repair tool which we also know as Scan PST Repair Tool. This tool provides you the option to remove corruption from PST files.
You must first locate ScanPST in the correct location before using this utility. since every version of Outlook is different. But to make things simpler, we’ve included all of ScanPST’s location pathways below, organized by the Outlook version.
- Outlook 2019 & 2016
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- Outlook 2013:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- Outlook 2010:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- Outlook 2007:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
You’ve done half the work once you’ve found the Sacnpst.exe tool. All that’s left to do is launch the application and fix the corrupt Outlook data file. Simply adhere to the directions listed below to do so:
- Double-click exe to launch the Scanpst.exe tool.
- Next, select the Browse option to begin browsing your PST file.
- After the file has been uploaded, click the Start button to start the process.
- Scanpst.exe started the scanning process. After the problem has been located, select Repair to start the fixing process.
Method 2: Open Corrupted PST File With an Automated Method
The way to fix Outlook PST corruption described above is good, but as we can see, ScanPST has its drawbacks that can occasionally be very annoying. Now that the work has been simplified, we’ll introduce one of the top programs for cleaning up PST file corruption in this part.
You can quickly open corrupted PST files and recover corruption from Outlook PST data files by using the PST Recovery Tool. Any sort of data can be recovered with the application, including accidentally or permanently deleted emails, contacts, calendars, and other items.
Follow the instructions below:
- Installing and starting the tool to recover the process.
- Choose the “Add Files” option, then from the pop-up menu, pick or search for a file.
- Apply filters after choosing an “Export Type” from the list.
- Finally, select “Export” from the menu.
The best aspects of the Tool:
- This program can restore deleted PST files, emails, contacts, tasks, calendars, notes, etc.
- Support file recovery for corrupted PST and BAK files.
- It recovers and saves data in Office 365, PST, PDF, EML, MSG, HTML, and more formats.
- Restore files without sacrificing any data.
- They can restore PST files in both ANSI and UNICODE formats and have no size restrictions.
- This program is compatible with every Windows OS version.
The blog post has come to a close; we have covered the finest manual and automated methods to open corrupted PST files. It is now up to you to select the ideal response.