To begin with, DevOps consists of various cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that are useful in increasing an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity. In addition, its primary function is to shorten the software development cycle.
Benefits Of Using DevOps
The primary benefit of DevOps is that it offers high speed and allows you to quickly innovate for the customers. It makes it easy to adapt to the changing markets and helps you in growing more efficiently at driving business results. In addition, it facilitates rapid software delivery and enhances release pace, allowing you to innovate and improve your product faster. Thus, helping in quickly responding to your customers’ needs and building competitive advantage by quickly releasing new features. To further know about it, one can visit DevOps Online Certification in Dubai. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of using DevOps.
- Reliability- It is useful in ensuring the application updates quality along with infrastructural changes. Thus, allowing you to reliably deliver at a more rapid pace while maintaining a positive experience for end-users.
- Scale- It allows a user to operate and manage its infrastructure and development processes at scale. in addition, it helps in managing your development, testing, and production environments in a more efficient manner.
- Improved Collaboration- DevOps allows developers and operation teams to collaborate closely and share many responsibilities by combining their workflow. In addition, this approach helps in reducing inefficiencies and saving time.
- Security- Using automated compliance policies, fine-grained controls, and configuration management techniques allows you to use DevOps securely. In addition, it allows you to move quickly while retaining control and preserving compliance.
Is DevOps a Good Career
Yes, DevOps is a good career choice, and learning it is a wise career decision to make. It is a revolutionizing software development process in various companies by eliminating the conflicts between development and operations teams. It helps various companies in getting work done quicker and in an effective manner. In addition, it helps companies in breaking problems into smaller steps for solving them and providing integrated and continuous software delivery. DevOps facilitates faster delivery of software features along with increased stability in operating environments.
Moreover, this career path provides a definite career path that promises steady growth. Due to its multiple benefits, various leading tech companies such as Accenture, Barclays, and Facebook are always on the lookout for proficient DevOps professionals, and skilled DevOps engineers. Thus, making it one of the most promising and safe career options in the IT sector. Many institutions provide DevOps Online Certification in Bahrain and one can enroll in them to get it. Apart from these, given below are some of the job titles available for a skilled professional in DevOps.
- DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Release Manager
- DevOps Test Engineer
- DevOps Architect.
Roles & Responsibilities of A DevOps Engineer
A DevOps engineer should have knowledge and application of a wide range of tools and technologies in software development. In addition, they should be comfortable with higher testing and deployment frequencies. Having operation experience in the production environment and knowledge of IT systems is a requirement for being a DevOps Engineer. Moreover, these professionals also need to have experience in data management along with an understanding of process reengineering. They should be capable of identifying and eliminating organizational silos by embracing team collaboration and communication. The DevOps process requires using various automation tools and a DevOps Engineer should be capable of using them. Above all, they need to have the knowledge and understanding of the production environment along with the project management skills. Apart from these, given below are some of the roles and responsibilities of a DevOps Engineer.
- Testing, building, designing, deploying, and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery process by tools like Jenkins, maven Git, etc.
- These professionals should know how to choose the best tools and technologies which best fit the business needs.
- Should have the ability to automate test and deploy the code and monitor.
- Should be capable of working in close coordination with the development and operations team so that the application is in line with performance according to the customer’s expectations.
- They need to do Coding or scripting, and Process re-engineering along with Communicating and collaborating with others.
DevOps is a combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools. It is useful in shortening the software development cycle. It provides reliability, is easy to scale, improved collaboration, and provides security. In conclusion, it is a good career option as it is useful to various companies and provides many job opportunities.