Ireland is an astonishing educational destination when it comes to studying Information Technology. Every year thousands of IT students come to the country for their education. Furthermore, this is primarily because of the remarkable education system of the country. In short, it is worth it to study master’s in IT in Ireland. Indeed, keeping this in mind today we are MS sharing with you all the things that you must know about studying MS in Information Technology in Ireland in the country.
Here’s everything you must know about studying MS in Information Technology in Ireland.
Studying MS in Information Technology in Ireland:
Why Study in Ireland?
Following are the reasons why you should study master’s in IT at Irish universities:
- Students get a chance to apply for PR after completing their two years of training.
- 8 out of 10 best IT firms across the globe are present in Ireland. Thus, by pursuing your studies here you can easily get access to many opportunities in the field of IT.
- 6 universities in the country rank high among the 500 best universities for studying Information Technology.
- Although, it is a safe study overseas destination for the learners.
- Many Irish universities provide full/partial funding opportunities to students. Moreover, to get these grants from Irish universities, you must have good academic performance.
- Irish universities offer dozens of IT specialization programs to students. Indeed, to learn about different IT programs that Irish universities offer feel free to contact our study abroad consultants in India for Ireland.
Top Universities for Studying
- University College Dublin
- Dublin Business school
- Trinity College Dublin
- Dublin City University
- Griffith University
- University of Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Students must possess a bachelor’s degree in computer science with at least 60% marks
- To study MS in IT at an Irish university it is mandatory that you must appear for an English proficiency test
- 1-3 year’s work experience
- In fact, students must submit a relevant research proposal to study IT at an Irish university
- Two recommendation letters
- Statement of Purpose
- In addition, students must submit documents like academic transcripts, medical reports, visas, etc.
Documents That Are Essential for Doing Masters in Information Technology in Irish Universities
- Academic transcripts
- A valid visa
- Passport size photographs
- Statement of Purpose
- Financial proof
- Medical report
- Two letters of recommendation
- Work experience certificate
- Scorecards of entrance examinations such as ACT, SAT, etc.
- Study permit
- Proofs of scholarship/financial grants
- Intent of return
Although, the tuition fee that you must pay to study IT in Ireland can vary depending upon the course you choose for studying. It may also vary depending upon the Irish college you choose for your studies. Also, on average you will need around €22,500 to study IT at an Irish university. Moreover, you can also take advantage of different financial aid programs in the country to reduce your tuition fee.
How to Apply?
In addition, here are the steps that you can follow to apply for admission to the master’s in IT program at Irish universities:
- Do thorough research about Irish colleges that offer masters in Information Technology programs.
- Select a college and visit its website to download the application form
- Fill out the form
- Submit your documents
- Pay application fee
- Attend interview
- Wait for the arrival of the confirmation letter
A lot of astonishing opportunities are available in Ireland for IT students. For example, after your studies, you can easily get a job in a cyber security or information systems consultancy. This is mainly because the country is home to many big IT companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. Furthermore, as per a survey, the country will produce around 150,000 IT jobs in the year 2022. In short, there is no shortage of career opportunities for IT students in the country.
Foreign students who study master’s in IT at an Irish university are eligible to apply for full/partial scholarship programs. Moreover, to apply for these financial assistance programs you must have excellent academic performance. Here are the different scholarships for students who want to study IT in Ireland:
- Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program
- Dublin City University Taught Master’s Program Award
- Hugh Lane Gallery Curatorial Award
- Government of Ireland International Education Scholarship
- UCD Global Excellence Scholarship. In short, to learn about UCD scholarship in detail feel free to contact our study abroad consultants in Gurgaon for Ireland.
- Postgraduate Scholarship-NUI Galway
Now you know everything you must know about going to Ireland for studying IT. So, do keep all these things in your mind if you are thinking about pursuing MS in IT in Ireland. Therefore, this will ensure that you don’t end up making the wrong decision regarding your education/professional career.