We’re pleased that you asked!! Tissue Massage, like a relaxation massage, focuses on releasing chronic muscular tension but is more intense because it works on the deepest layers of muscle tissue (the muscles’ protective covering, tendons, and fascia).
eve gelen escort
ofise gelen escort
otele gelen escort
These are made up of the muscles’ external layers. The protective coats around the muscles, bones, and joints are shown below. As a result, you may see that we have to get in nice n deep to relieve pain and stress in these regions using deep tissue massage Santa Fe.
How does Deep Tissue Massage help improve my health?
Tense or injured muscles often have painful bands of stiff tissue, called adhesions or knots. These adhesions can cause the following conditions.
- Increased pain
- Reduced circulation,
- Restricting movement
During a deep tissue massage, the therapist breaks up these adhesions to reduce pain and encourage normal movement. Performing it usually takes with or without oil and applying deep pressure.
It Is recommended that the client Be relaxed while deep tissue treatment is taking place so the therapist can reach deeper layers of your muscles.
Though a tissue massage shouldn’t hurt, some pain and discomfort may occur during treatment. This is especially true if your muscles are already stiff or sore or the pressure exceeds your pain threshold. If the pressure becomes too intense, you will likely tense up involuntarily, making it more difficult for the therapist to treat more deep muscle layers.
If the pressure level is too intense for you, be sure to communicate that with your therapist. And if you’re a fan of Queen like me, don’t hesitate to sing out in your best Freddie Mercury voice!
What types of techniques are utilized in Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep tissue massage Santa Fe uses slower, firmer strokes than other forms of massage. The therapist may also use their fingers to apply pressure to trigger points in the muscle.
- Trigger points are the sensitive areas on the body that react to pressure or stimulation. For instance, if you have a tender place in your muscle from overworking it, putting more pressure on that spot can radiate pain to other parts of your body, like your hands, forearms, and elbows.
- Myofascial Release is a practice that uses gentle pressure to help the connective tissues in your body heal from pain and move more freely.
- Cross Fiber Friction is an excellent way to break down knots that develop from injuries, tears, breaks, or sprains.
Is there any pain or discomfort felt after the massage is over?
The following symptoms may occur after the massage: some stiffness or discomfort. This is expected and generally disappears within a few days. If you have any of the conditions above, we might advise a deep tissue massage Santa Fe;
- You’re feeling persistent stiffness or discomfort.
- You have a more excellent pain tolerance
- Get a regular Deep Tissue or Remedial Massage.
- If you are new to massage, we recommend a light Massage or a lighter Remedial Massage.
What are some of the advantages of Deep Tissue Massage?
Deep Tissue Massage is generally a treatment for a specific problem. This might be, for example, a chronic pain condition with discomfort, injury rehabilitation, and lower back discomfort. It’s also essential to alleviate the following issues:
- Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- Restricted mobility
- Muscle Tension – This term refers to the following areas.
- IT band (a band down the side of the upper legs. These muscles start near the hip and wrap themselves around the knee.)
- Rhomboids ( a group of muscles in the upper back)
- The upper back, in general.
- Hamstrings (upper back parts of the legs)
- Glutes (muscles of the buttocks, yes there are muscles in your buttocks!!)
Is Deep Tissue Massage always a bad idea?
Deep Tissue massage treatment is not appropriate in many cases. Here are a few examples. Here we go:
- Congratulations, ladies! If you’re pregnant, WELCOME TO THE WORLD! However, avoiding this massage would help because the requirement is for strong pressure application. Areas that should not have severe pressure applied include the legs, pelvic regions, wrists, hands, and ankles.
While you are pregnant, your blood is at greater risk of clotting due to its delicate nature. You may still have a Pregnancy Massage, carefully designed for expectant mothers. A trained Prenatal Therapist should do this. Inquire about your needs, discomfort, morning sickness, where you would like to get the massage, and so on.
- Atherosclerosis – If you have high blood pressure, take extra caution. Do not get Deep Tissue Treatment if your condition is severe. If you are taking medication for circulation problems, ask your doctor for permission before getting any treatments done.
- Autoimmune diseases. When at a point the immune system mistakenly attacks its cells, tissues, and organs due to an allergy or other condition, inflammation and harm occur. Your therapist will not work on severely inflamed tissues.
- If you have Bipolar Disorder or suffer from manic depressive illness, a deep tissue massage may raise your spirits.
- If you have epilepsy, a Deep Tissue Massage may cause hyperventilation because of the deep pressure in this massage.
- Deep tissue treatments are not part of the recommendation if you have incredibly high blood pressure, as they may exacerbate your condition.
So there you have it- a tissue massage is an intense massage targeting the deepest layers of muscle and connective tissue.
It can help treat chronic pain, injury, and tension. If you’re considering booking a session, speak with your therapist beforehand about any injuries or conditions you may have so they can adjust their treatment accordingly. Have you ever had a deep tissue massage? What was your experience like?