HVAC refers to Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning. It is a mechanical system that maintains your home temperature and keeps the air clean and removes excess moisture from it. It is an ideal system for cities as buildings in urban areas face a lot of ventilation issues. Apart from just heating and cooling the air, HVAC focuses on improving indoor air quality and providing comfort for everyone. Due to these reasons, the HVAC industry has increased about 63 percent in the past few years. Thus, generating multiple job opportunities in it. Many institutes provide HVAC Online Training in Oman and one can enroll in them to start a career in it.
Features of HVAC:
Given below are some of the features of the HVAC system.
- Thermostat – It reduces your heating and cooling costs by decreasing system operation when the home is unoccupied. When the residents visit the place, the thermostat returns the temperature to its ideal setting.
- Fuel Source – HVAC system heaters work on electricity, gas, or home heating oil to produce heat. On the other hand, the air conditioners function on electricity. Your fuel source is the major player in the functioning of these systems.
- Distribution System– You need a distribution system to take the heat from your fuel source and get it to the rooms that need additional heating. The distribution system decides the way your system gets that heat around.
- Electrical Components – It consists of wiring to the central unit and the connections within the central unit. The proper functioning of electric components is necessary to ensure that your system functions properly.
- Ductwork – Ducts are responsible for delivering heated or cooled air to the rooms. As air passes through them, impurities like dust and molds can accumulate in the ducts. Therefore, it is necessary to keep them clean so that you get fresh air.
- Filters – They are useful in filtering the air that returns to your central heater or air conditioner. These filters are connected to your ductwork and it is necessary to change them every month so that the air flows freely throughout your home.
- Refrigerant – This component cools the air and in case it ever leaks, you will find that it fails to bring the temperature down. Your air conditioning unit depends on refrigerant and one needs to refill it after a certain time period.
- Location of Outdoor Unit – Outdoor unit is for condensing the external air and releasing heated air. Therefore, it should be close to your internal unit to minimize the amount of infrastructure.
- Location of Indoor Unit – The ideal location for an indoor unit is close to a rear exit if the home has one. This location allows HVAC technicians can access the system any time they need to work on it for routine maintenance.
How Does HVAC System Works?
HVAC does three things which are heating the building, cooling it, and ventilating it. It is a living, breathing system that functions as a whole and its parts support both heating and cooling functions. To further know about it, one can visit HVAC Online Certification in Qatar. Let’s understand the way it works:
- Heating Your Home- The furnace generates heat by electric energy or burning fuels like propane or oil. After that, the heat pump absorbs heat from the outdoor unit and transfers it to the inside.
- Cooling Your Home- Air conditioners and heat pumps absorb heat from within a home and release it into the atmosphere. This system modulates the pressures of the refrigerant so that it can absorb ambient heat and remove it.
- Ventilating Your Home- HVAC consists of a chimney flue or vent stack for discharging excess heat. Moreover, this system provides ventilation made up of air handlers, ducts, return vents, and blower assembly.